Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1644 Discussions

Connection Timed out in scp

RAror6
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am using a Windows 10 OS and Cygwin terminal to connect to devcloud. When I try to scp my connection to port 22 times out and the file transfer doesn't work. Sometimes I even get a connection refused statement.

Could I get some help with this?

My command is : scp devcloud:~/newfile.txt C:oneAPI

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi RAror6,

Connection timed out is a common error and could be occurring due to multiple reasons.

Could you provide us with the full error you are getting for the connection timed out error. I have listed below few of the common errors encountered and solutions.

1)

error message

ssh: connect to host cluster.colfaxresearch.com port 22: Connection timed out

kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

Reason:This is likely because you are using a wrong key or your key is corrupted. 

Resolution:Could you try downloading the key again from devcloud website and try reconnecting

2)

error message

ssh: connect to host devcloud.intel.com port 22: Connection timed out

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

Reason: You could be behind a proxy and might not have proxy configured in your ssh config file

Resolution: You can try connecting with open internet to verify this. To connect with proxy you should make changes in "ssh/config" file. Let us know if you want to know the exact configuration to be given

If your error is any different from both of this scenarios please let us know so we can check into it. Also attach the configuration/entry you have created for devcloud ".ssh/config" file of  cygwin.

Thanks

Arun Jose

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi RAror6,

Does the solution provided help solve your issue. Please let us know if you are still facing the issues.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi RAror6,

We are assuming the solution provided resolves your issue as we have not heard back from you for sometime. We wouldn't be monitoring this thread anymore. Please feel free to raise a new thread in case of further issues.

Arun

0 Kudos