Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1638 Discussions

Connection closed by remote host: " Connection timed out"

well
New Contributor I

Dear intel team, 

I used intel devcloud everyday and its works normally.  But yesterday, after compiling the kernel code successfully. I tried to compile the host code using command 'make' and then ./host command. It takes long time to compile the host and I thought that is normal. But instead of showing output results of my code, the bellow error showed up. Then, I closed my terminal. 

Today, I opened my MobaXtearm terminal and typed  ssh devcloud command The bellow error showed up. 

 18/10/2021   15:20.56   /home/mobaxterm  ssh devcloud
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
ssh: connect to host ssh.devcloud.intel.com port 22: Connection timed out
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

I tried to fix it using ' ssh -vvv' command and then typing 'ssh devcloud' and its worked. 

Then I tried to compile the host code that I tried to compile yesterday using make and ./ commands as I mentioned above.  But again, it takes long time to compile and instead of printing the output results, it gave me the above error again.

So, is it something wrong with my code?? or it is a tichnical issue from your side ??

However, I need to fix this error ASAP. 

Thank you intel team. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

The issue may be due to network issue. Please make sure that you have good internet connectivity.

Also by default the maximum wall clock time the job may run in DevCloud is 6 hours (this could be increased up to 24 hours if required, eg (qsub -I -l walltime=24:00:00).

If your issue still persists, please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you. Could you please give us an update?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos