Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1689 Discussions

Connection to devcloud/oneAPI via ssh: login message: "Process exceeded login node resource limit."

FHuelsemann
Beginner

Dear Devclouders, trying (and succeeding) to connect to devcloud/oneAPI via ssh results in the following message/warning (in red) before displaying the bash prompt:

"

Process exceeded login node resource limit.
Please run jobs on compute nodes using qsub or start an interactive shell using qsub -I.
Please visit the forums at: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-devcloud

"

Well, what can I do to use the resources responsibly?

Best regards, Frank

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Please note that the message you received is merely a warning that is displayed intermittently. It can be ignored as it does not impose any limitations on functionality.

To access the compute node, you can use the following command:

qsub -I

If this resolves your issue, kindly make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issues.

Regards,
Thasneem Vazim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Please note that the message you received is merely a warning that is displayed intermittently. It can be ignored as it does not impose any limitations on functionality.

To access the compute node, you can use the following command:

qsub -I

If this resolves your issue, kindly make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issues.

Regards,
Thasneem Vazim

0 Kudos