Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Container Playground status

Steve_D
Employee

I'm trying to import and launch a container from a private repository on DockerHub.  The import goes ok, but the launch fails right away.  I don't see a log.  I'm new to Docker and containers and, while the container runs on my local machine, I am likely not configuring things correctly.

Because I saw an earlier message that said external containers/code were not yet supported on the Container Playground, before going forward, I just want to make sure that external containers are now supported.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hari_B_Intel

Hi Steve_D

Based on the information you provided, it seems to be the repository setting in the DockerHub needs to be configured.

Since toggling the Private to Public repository in Container Playground resolved the issue, I will proceed close this case.

If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hari_B_Intel

Hi Steve_D

Thank you for contacting us, could you provide us your repository URL for the DockerHub ? so that we can verify from our end. 

There is the possibility of a permission issue on the private repository you are using. 

0 Kudos
Steve_D
Employee

Hi Hari,

Thanks for the reply. The URL is: 

docker.io/steveatdh/experiment1:latest

I entered my username and password in the import dialog and it seemed to import ok (showed as "Ready").

0 Kudos
Hari_B_Intel

Hi Steve_D

Do you able to see Configuration pages once you click on Import? 

Capture1a.PNG

if you having an issue importing to configuration pages, the problem might be due to the docker hub container not being able to import or no images detected.

to check your Dockerhub container, go to https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/<repository_name>

make sure you have pushed the latest images and the tag is active (green color icon)

In the DevCloud container, fill in the details 

Import from external registry

Enter the required details for importing from a public container registry.

• Container Url: Repository URL with a tag, e.g. for docker hub docker.io/user/repo:tag
  • Add this to the internal registry: To reimport the container quickly in another project.
  • Container Name: Unique identifier to recognize across other Container Playground views.

To import from a private registry, ensure Private is checked and enter the additional details.

• Registry Server URL: e.g. for docker hub private repository https://docker.io
  • Username: username used to log in to your registry
  • Password: your private registry password

here are some of the documentation you can refer to import external registry.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/devcloud-containers/top/index-2/import-container-from-registry.html

Hope this information helps

Thank you

0 Kudos
Steve_D
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  

I do get the configuration dialog and the container import completes, so it appears to use my repo credentials successfully.  When I then launch the "Ready" container, it immediately shows "Failed" (not "Error") status.  I can't even get to the log icon to see what failed.

I changed the docker repo to public and now the container launches and shows status as "Complete".  This is acceptable for this work and I will try to move forward this way.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Hari_B_Intel

Hi Steve_D

Based on the information you provided, it seems to be the repository setting in the DockerHub needs to be configured.

Since toggling the Private to Public repository in Container Playground resolved the issue, I will proceed close this case.

If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Hari_B_Intel

This thread will no longer be monitored. If you need any additional information from us, please submit a new question.

0 Kudos