Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1638 Discussions

Creating conda environment

GAnthony_R_Intel
Employee

I created a new conda environment and installed it as a IPython kernel so that it shows up in Jupyter Lab. The new conda environment has a different version of TensorFlow installed. That environment works, but when I switch the notebook kernel back to the oneAPI AI TensorFlow kernel it doesn't change the TensorFlow version (it is still the other version).

It seems like conda environments are colliding for some reason.

Is there a way to use JupyterLab to create new environments? I've found sometimes when I install tensorflow in a new environment, when I start the conda environment it doesn't find tensorflow even though conda list shows it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi

Thank you for posting in Intel DevCloud Forum.

Here’s a possible workaround for the current conda environment issues :

1)     Activate the conda environment that is problematic, and check the correct executable path for the environment

>>>import sys

>>> sys.executable

Do the same in the notebook by choosing the same environment kernel and check whether the executable path is different or not.

2)     From command line, check the path where kernel.json of your problematic conda environment is located.

jupyter kernelspec list

For instance on Linux it will be: /home/{username}/.local/share/jupyter/kernels/{environment name}

Open the kernel.json located in that folder and replace the incorrect executable path, as shown below.

{

"argv": [

"REPLACE-THIS-WITH-THE-CORRECT-EXECUTABLE-PATH",

"-m",

"ipykernel_launcher",

"-f",

"{connection_file}"

],

"display_name": "heterodimers",

"language": "python"

}

Try this and let us know the updates.

Thanks ,

Raeesa

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Has the solution provided helped? Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Thanks

0 Kudos
GAnthony_R_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the confirmation. We are discontinuing monitoring this thread. Please raise a new query if you have any further issues. We would be happy to help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Raeesa

0 Kudos