Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1638 Discussions

Cygwin SSH Connect issue

JETTAGiX
Beginner

My Step1 register account is u84564, I Terminal it like Pic 1.

My Step2 register account is u84573, I install Cygwin with OpenSSH and nc , can ssh devcloud

from my laptop link into Cloud.

But, my home folder just is "tmp", anything else is missing.

lshw -short

just 15GB memory ...

photo_2021-08-06_20-01-50.jpgphoto_2021-08-06_20-02-05.jpg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums. Could you please confirm if you are using oneAPI devcloud or Edge devcloud?

Thanks

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back anything from you. Could you please confirm if the issue is resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JETTAGiX
Beginner

I using Linux as Client, SSH is Ok.

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We looked into your case. We are sharing you the steps below on how to connect to devcloud using cygwin. Can you follow the steps and let us know if you are facing any issues.

Configure SSH Connection (Automated Configuration)

The "xxxxx" in below steps represent your devcloud id

1). Download and save the automatic installer script customized for your account uxxxxx (You can download it by logging in to your intel devcloud account)

2). Execute this script in a terminal window (you may need to adjust the command according to your download location and the downloaded file name):

[myname@myhomecomputer] $ | bash ~/Downloads/setup-devcloud-access-xxxxx.txt

3). Clean up for security:

[myname@myhomecomputer] $ | rm ~/Downloads/setup-devcloud-access-xxxxx.txt

Manual Configuration

1). Download and save the SSH access key for Linux/macOS to the folder ~/Downloads/ on your computer (You can download SSH key by logging in to your intel devcloud account)

2). Create the directory ~/.ssh, unless it already exists and move the private SSH key into permanent storage in ~/.ssh:

[myname@myhomecomputer] $ | mkdir -p ~/.ssh

[myname@myhomecomputer] $ | mv ~/Downloads/devcloud-access-key-xxxxx.txt ~/.ssh/

3). Add the following lines to file ~/.ssh/config (if you do not have this file, simply create one):

Host devcloud

User uxxxxx

IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-xxxxx.txt

ProxyCommand ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-xxxxx.txt guest@ssh.devcloud.intel.com

Note: if you have multiple accounts on the Intel DevCloud, you can change the hostname devcloud to any other identifier to differentiate between your accounts. This is the hostname that you will use in the ssh and scp commands.

4). Set the correct restrictive permissions on it and on the SSH client config file. To do this, run the following commands in a terminal:

[myname@myhomecomputer] $ | chmod 600 ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-xxxxx.txt

[myname@myhomecomputer] $ | chmod 600 ~/.ssh/config

Connection

After the preparation steps above, you should be able to log in to your login node in the Intel® DevCloud without a password

[myname@myhomecomputer] $ | ssh devcloud

Upon the first login, you will be asked to add the hostdevcloud to the list of known hosts. Answer "yes":

The authenticity of host 'devcloud' (<no hostip for proxy command>)' can't be established.

ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:...

Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes

Warning: Permanently added 'devcloud' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.

# We are in!

You can refer this below link for more information;

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/connect-with-ssh-linux-macos/

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back anything from you. Could you please confirm if the issue is resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you, so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks and Regards

Rahul

0 Kudos