Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Deactivate Appeal

Twiliness
Beginner

I was told my account is deactivation due to cryptocurrency mining, data scraping, or tampering with Intel DevCloud services. But I don't think I've violated the above rules since I'm just running a series of matrix multiplication tests on scheduling relative to problem size. Since I need enough data to support subsequent experiments, I set the `walltime` to `24:00:00` to execute the test program, which may lead to misjudgment.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

In our efforts to thwart the progress of cryptocurrency miners and keep DevCloud compute resources free and available to our valued developers, we have had to take both automated and manual action against unauthorized activities by termination or deactivation of accounts. Unfortunately, we are aware that, while infrequent, several valid accounts have been terminated inadvertently during this process.

We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused and we are continually working to avoid this and create new capabilities for account recovery.

At this time, we do recommend all our users to back up their data to avoid losing any work, and please register to open a new account here: http://software.intel.com/devcloud/oneapi

It is also advised to use a permanent email address instead of a temporary one for creating a new accounts as per our Terms and Conditions.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
chus
Beginner

Same ocurred to me. I have just executed some toy programs, nothing related to cryptocurrency mining, data scraping, or tampering services. 

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi @Twiliness,

Good day to you.

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Hi @chus,

Good day to you.

As per our records, we can see that you have created a new DevCloud account. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are aware that, while infrequent, several valid accounts have been terminated inadvertently. We hope there are no issues with the new account. If you face any such issues or need more information or help with Intel products and services, kindly post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos