Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1625 Discussions

Dependency issue

Vishvas
Novice

I need to install the following depencencies:

libbz2-dev
liblzma-dev

An apt-install without sudo fails to install the package. I tried to look for the source code so that I can use autotools but I was only able to locate a .deb file, and upon extraction, there was no "bin" folder

How should I go about this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry for the inconvenience, User's don't have admin privileges in DevCloud.

Intel DevCloud® is a shared environment which comes with pre-installed validated Intel® oneAPI software and complimentary packages. As a policy we do not install custom (open source or 3rd party licensed) software to the environment and recommend that you explore available and equivalent oneAPI SW tools or components. You may be able to install software locally in your user folder using < > “pip install –user” (dash dash user switch allows you to install local in your home directory)

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry for the inconvenience, User's don't have admin privileges in DevCloud.

Intel DevCloud® is a shared environment which comes with pre-installed validated Intel® oneAPI software and complimentary packages. As a policy we do not install custom (open source or 3rd party licensed) software to the environment and recommend that you explore available and equivalent oneAPI SW tools or components. You may be able to install software locally in your user folder using < > “pip install –user” (dash dash user switch allows you to install local in your home directory)

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution.  If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thanks.

0 Kudos