Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1624 Discussions

DevCloud access and extension

NKoneAPI
Beginner

Hello Intel DevCloud Support Team,

I have a DevCloud Account. Last mail I received regarding this was on 24-Jun-2022 with the subject as “Changes to SSH Server on DevCloud”. I had extended it on 12-Mar-2022. I assumed it was extended for one year. But it seems I have missed the actual date of extension. I have at least 2 projects planned under the account. Could you please help me to recover the account from the archival?

Today when I tried to extend it gave following error:

Sorry, we can't find an active Developer Cloud account to extend. You are free to create a new account or contact our Developer Cloud Forum if you feel this an error.

Could you please help me to recover the account?

I am a proud user of DevCloud account and hope you make me prouder, with your kind support.

Thanks in advance you for your kind consideration.

PS: Please find attached screenshot of the error.

Your proud DevCloud user,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
21 Replies
DiyaN_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

Could you please let us know which DevCloud(DevCloud for oneAPI/DevCloud for Edge) you are using? 

Kindly share your Intel Developer cloud user ID along with the expiry date (if you are aware of it from the notification emails).

Please use this link to check your expiry date: htps://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/DevCloud-Account-Expiration-How-to-check/m-p/1296418

This error is displayed when the account gets expired.

Please try creating a new account here: https://software.intel.com/devcloud/oneapi

Note: Please ensure that you have backed up all the data in DevCloud.

If your account is expired, we won’t be able to extend access/ retrieve it back. 

If you face any issues please connect back to us. 

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Diya

0 Kudos
NKoneAPI
Beginner

Hi Diya,

Thanks for your kind reply.

I tried to check the expiry date but it is not showing. Please find attached screenshot – DevCloud expiry date not shown.png

DevCloud expiry date not shown.png

However, I found old screenshot that I have taken during the last extension request. Please find attached screenshot – DevCloud expiry date.png

DevCloud expiry date.png

The expiry date is 14-Jan-2023.

I would like to share the basic details such as name and the thumbnail of my DevMesh projects. Please find attached screenshot – DevMesh projects.png

DevMesh projects.png

I am interested in both DevCloud for oneAPI/DevCloud for Edge. At present, I was using DevCloud for Edge.

Based on the above information could you kindly help me to recover my DevCloud. 

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for reaching out, I don't see an active account for Intel Developer Cloud for the Edge. I can see the account expired on 1/13/2023, from the Edge side, when an account expires the account is removed along with all the files. Unfortunately, we are unable to recover any files after the account has expired. You will need to register again for an Intel Developer Cloud for the Edge.

Before your account expired did you have your files in Intel DevCloud for oneAPI? I can check with them if they keep an archive and for how long.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
NKoneAPI
Beginner

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I had used oneAPI also. Could you kindly check with them if they have an archive. 

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi,

Can you please share your user ID for Intel DevCloud for oneAPI along with the expiry date (if you are aware of it from the notification emails)?

This will help us to investigate further from our end whether your account is active or not and if it is possible to retrieve your files from that account.

Thanks and regards,

Diya

0 Kudos
NKoneAPI
Beginner

Hi Diya,

User ID is u31823

Expiration Date is 01/14/2023

Please find attached screenshot - DevCloud last extension done.png

NKoneAPI_0-1679565096731.png

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi, 

Good day to you. 

We have not heard back from you. 

Could you please give the details mentioned above so that we can fix your issue from our end?

Thanks and Regards, 

Diya

0 Kudos
NKoneAPI
Beginner

Hi Diya,

I have replied your earlier message with the required information.

Thank & Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi, 

Good day to you.

Please provide a few information that we need to know to solve your issue:

1. Have you created another account if not please create a new Devcloud account and provide us with the new user-id. Once we have your new account, we can see if the old data is still available - if yes, we can transfer. 

2. Have you backed your data on your personal system/laptop - since we constantly ask/remind our users to have their own backup.

Thanks and Regards,

Diya

0 Kudos
NKoneAPI
Beginner

Hi Diya,

Thanks for the follow up. I have provided following information along with a screenshot in my previous reply:

User ID is u31823

Expiration Date is 01/14/2023

Is this information helpful?

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi,

We have saved your old DevCloud account details.

Please create a new DevCloud account with a new email address and provide us with the new user-id.

Once we have your new account, we can see if the old data can be transferred or not.

Thanks and Regards,

Diya

0 Kudos
NKoneAPI
Beginner

Hi Diya,

I have created new account with the email address - nikkhielkar@gmail.com

Here is new user-id - u189911.

Please see if old data can be transferred.

Please find attached screenshot DevCloud new user ID.png

NKoneAPI_0-1679923275072.png

Thanks  & Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi, 

Good day to you.

Please log on to your new account with the user-id u189911 so that it will create a user directory and we can copy over.

Since you have not logged in there is no user directory in u189911.

Thanks and Regards, 

Diya

0 Kudos
NKoneAPI
Beginner

Hi Diya,

Can you please check now?

I have logged in now.

Please find attached screenshot - DevCloud logged in.png

NKoneAPI_0-1680519350540.png

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi, 

Good day to you.

Thanks for the update.

We have informed to the development team, and they are working on it.

We will get back to you once it is fixed.

Thanks and Regards,

Diya

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi,

Can you please log in to the Intel Devcloud using the link with your new user id?

Please download the Nmap , then follow the dependencies mentioned in the above link and follow the steps one by one.

Connect from Windows using the OpenSSH Client

1. Download the DevCloud SSH access key from the above Devcloud link and move it to your user SSH directory(.ssh) on your local computer, create one if it isn't under C:\Users\% userprofile%\

2. Switch to your user SSH directory

cd %userprofile%\.ssh

3. Create a text file called config without the .txt extension and add the following lines to it:

Host devcloud
 User u189911
 IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-189911.txt
 ProxyCommand ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-189911.txt 
 guest@ssh.devcloud.intel.com

4. Configure proxy settings. In the interest of security, some networks route all traffic through a proxy server.

If you followed the instructions above but are getting the error "Connection timed out", you are likely on such a network. 

In order to connect to the Intel DevCloud you need to append these additional settings to your %userprofile%\.ssh\config file:

Host devcloudx
 User u189911
 Port 4022
 ProxyCommand ssh -T devcloud-via-proxy

Host devcloud-via-proxy
 User guest
 Hostname ssh.devcloud.intel.com
 LocalForward 4022 c009:22
 ProxyCommand <path_to_ncat_exe> --proxy PROXY_SERVER:PORT --proxy-type socks5 %h %p

Note: PROXY_SERVER and PORT are usually provided to you by your IT department.

For more information click this link: https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/connect-with-ssh-windows-openssh/

After the preparation steps above, you should be able to log in to your login node in the Intel® DevCloud without a password using the command prompt.

ssh devcloud

Once it is done we will be able to copy your old data into your new account.

Please feel free to connect back to us if you face any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Diya

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi, 

Could you please log in to your Intel DevCloud account using the above-mentioned steps in the previous post, so that we can copy the files from the old account to your new account. 

Unless and until you log into your account, we won't be able to do anything on our part.

If you face any issues please get back to us.

Thanks and regards, 

Diya

0 Kudos
NKoneAPI
Beginner

Hi Diya,

Thanks for the message. Please give me some time. I will try to complete it in a week's time.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi, 

Please update us on whether you have logged into your new account.

If not, please do that and update us. 

Unless and until you log into your account, we won't be able to do anything on our part.

If you face any issues please get back to us.

Thanks and regards, 

Diya

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi, 

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks and Regards, 

Diya

0 Kudos