Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1718 Discussions

DevCloud account deactivated

robert-mijakovic
Beginner

I created an account for DevCloud during the OneAPI workshop last week. I've used it for a few hours at most. Yesterday evening, I was kicked from the cloud with an error that said my account had been deactivated. At which point I found several emails I received at 7 PM:

"Your Developer Cloud account has been deactivated due to observed prohibited use such as cryptocurrency mining, data scraping, malicious program or tampering with Developer Cloud services."

I must say that I didn't do any activity described in the emails.

Would it be possible to have this account reactivated?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RemyaP_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to use the same email id to register. You will have to register using a different email ID.

Please try the same and let us know if you face any difficulty. Thanks.

Regards,

Remya Premdas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RemyaP_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

In our efforts to stop the progress of cryptocurrency miners and keep DevCloud compute resources free and available to our valued developers, we have had to take both automated and manual action against unauthorized activities by termination or deactivation of accounts. Unfortunately, while infrequent, several valid accounts have been terminated inadvertently during this process.

We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused and we are continually working to avoid this and create new capabilities for account recovery. 

Kindly register to open a new account here: https://software.intel.com/devcloud/oneapi

If you face any issues please connect back to us. 

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
robert-mijakovic
Beginner

Hi,

Unfortunately, the proposed solution didn't work.

I get an error: "We are unable to provide you with an Intel Developer Cloud account due to previous reasons for account deactivation. If you believe this is in error, please contact our support forum for assistance."

Can you please investigate this further?

Best regards,

Robert

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to use the same email id to register. You will have to register using a different email ID.

Please try the same and let us know if you face any difficulty. Thanks.

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We haven't received any response from your end. Is your issue resolved?

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
robert-mijakovic
Beginner

Sorry for the delay. Yes. You can close the issue.

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos