Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1640 Discussions

DevCloud in CI

MaxHaughton
Beginner

Hello, I work for the D Language Foundation (https://dlang.org/) - I've thinking about automated ways to measure performance of our language for a while now, and DevCloud seems like (via OneAPI profiling tools for example) one of (or only) the best places other than my own desktop to do that. 

Is it kosher to fire some small jobs to DevCloud at a regular interval (I say CI in the subject line, but this is probably to frequent - once a week perhaps)? Is anyone doing anything similar?

Also, if anyone who works on vTune (or anyone other tool with the aforementioned problem) sees this (or could pass it on to someone who does), Intel tools can't demangle D function symbols - if you already link with libiberty you can find code to demangle them in there, and if you don't I can probably get you code under a agreeable licence.

Max

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You could use cron job to schedule a job that is executed periodically. 

A cron job is a Linux command used for scheduling tasks to be executed sometime in the future. 

Add new cron job to crontab:

crontab -e

This will opens a new file, there you can give the command as given below.

* * * * * /<path>/script.sh

The place values given in front of the file path indicates different status. Those details are described below.

1. minute: 0 to 59

2. hours: 0 to 23

3. day of the month: 1 to 31

4. month: 1 to 12

5. day of the week: 0 (Sunday) to 6 (Saturday)

For example, if you want to schedule the script to run at 1AM every Friday, you would need the following cronjob:

0 1 * * 5 /<path>/script.sh

Regarding your second query, D language is not supported by Intel Vtune.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please give us an update?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks

0 Kudos