Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1644 Discussions

DevCloud notebook execute issue.

hlgmm
Beginner

I am using the DevCloud to run some of the notebook content. The source file was extracted from Terminal using :

/data/oneapi_workshop/get_oneapi_workshop_cn.sh

Once the file is extracted, the note book file is " oneAPI-Workshop-3hrs.ipynb " under the directory " oneapi-evangelist-workshop-cn " . 

I click the module "1.1 bootstraping", and after following the steps to save and run the moudle, the devcloud prompts the below error. I have tried to re-start the kernel or other approaches, but seems the error is not going away. 

Please help to check if the compute node / notebook service is running fine and how can I solve my problem. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hey hlgmm,

We have tried out running the bootstraping jupyter notebook, it seems to work without issues. From the screenshots attached we could see you have a large number of jobs running, Due to a large number of jobs running the new jobs submitted by the command are not getting executed they are send to a queue and are getting timed out.

You could use the below command to kill job ids that are of no use for you

!qdel <jobid>

But it is highly likely that somehow your jupyter notebook or the files generated got corrupted by some means. We would recommend deleting the whole directory and copying the /data/oneapi_workshop/ once again to the home folder and running the jupyter notebook again. Pleas do let us know if you still face issue.

Thanks

Arun Jose

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hey hlgmm,

Hope you have tried out the solution provided. Has the solution provided helped/Is your issue resolved? Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hey hlgmm,

We are assuming the solution provided resolves your issue as we have not heard back from you for sometime. We wouldn't be monitoring this thread anymore. Please feel free to raise a new thread in case of further issues.

Arun

0 Kudos