Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1638 Discussions

Devcloud Identity file empty

pgolabek
Beginner

Hi, 

There is a problem connecting to devcloud machine just after the account registration. The procedure at the address: https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/get_started/baseToolkitSamples/, section "Connect to DevCloud", "Linux" fails. The automated script setup-devcloud-access-59686.txt installs an empty identity file in ~/.ssh/ directory. And downloading the access key via "SSH key for Linux" button also results in an empty devcloud-access-key-59686.txt file. Examining network transaction with Chrome developer tools reveals an error response:  {"errors":[{"code":171,"msg":"Encountered opt out tag"}]}

I have tried to do that from my laptop and from independent remote machine with different id, os and network connection, it's always the same.

Following an advice on this forum I tried to manually edit identity file with the contents of id_rsa.pub key in the home folder of machine accessible via terminal in JupiterLab of DevCloud (which works). No success. I have tried also generating the new key pair on my machine and append the pub key to the authorized_keys and authorized_key2 files on the JupiterLab-accessible machine. Also no success. I have tried different variants of ssh command on my machine (some of them apparently wrong), like:

ssh devcloud

ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-59686.txt guest@devcloud.intel.com

ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-59686.txt u59686@devcloud.intel.com

ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-59686.txt devcloud.intel.com

No success.

Could you please help?

Best regards,

Piotr Golabek

3 Replies
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Devcloud forum and bringing to our notice the error in the Connecting to devcloud step in the mentioned link https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/get_started/baseToolkitSamples/ . For the connecting to devcloud step we suggest you to follow the manual configuration mentioned in the link provided under documentation of Devcloud page. This is the link: https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/connect-with-ssh-linux-macos/ . Rest of steps are same in the link that you were referring. You can follow that steps to run the basekit samples.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
pgolabek
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you Gopika, for your answer. As I mentioned in my post, I had used a link button to manually download the SSH key file  while looking for a way to resolve the problem, but that link also resulted in an empty file download. But I just have tried the same and this time, the complete key has been served. So apparently I was facing some temporary disruption of service and now it works.

Thank you again,

Piotr Golabek

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We'd reported this issue. As you're able to download the key now, we're considering this query as solved. We're discontinuing monitoring this thread. For further queries and issues please raise a new thread. We'd be glad to help you.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos