Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud

Docker support

ChiLeungDa_W_Intel

Hi,

I have developed a software that uses Docker and I notice Docker seems to be not supported in DevCloud.  Would it be possible for me to get it installed or the system admin helps me install it?  Also, I need some Ubuntu packages like cpufrequtils but they are not installed.  Is there anyway I could get it installed as well?

Thanks.

david

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry for the inconvenience, User's don't have admin privileges in DevCloud.

Intel DevCloud® is a shared environment which comes with pre-installed validated Intel® oneAPI software and complimentary packages. As a policy we do not install custom (open source or 3rd party licensed) software to the environment and recommend that you explore available and equivalent oneAPI SW tools or components. You may be able to install software locally in your user folder using < > “pip install –user” (dash dash user switch allows you to install local in your home directory)

If you have any further issue, please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please give us an update?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ChiLeungDa_W_Intel

Right now the missing of Docker is a show stopper right now so I don't have a solution yet.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Since we have worked with you offline on this case, we are closing this forum thread. Please feel free to open a new thread if you have any further queries.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ChiLeungDa_W_Intel

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.  I have been busy in stuff so did not get the chance to reply.  I think I will be waiting for the Docker solution you guys will deploy in Q4 and for the time being I will explore alternative solution including usage of Onecloud.

Thanks.

david

0 Kudos