Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1644 Discussions

Error: 'getpwnam(): name not found:

Alcorta__Erika_Susan
New Contributor I

Hello,

I recently posted here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/Spawn-failed-Timeout/m-p/1279425#M2311 and my issue got resolved so I marked a correct answer. The server worked for one day, and today, I can't access it again. The message is similar:

Alcorta__Erika_Susan_0-1620480828884.png

Clicking "Start" does not help. Also, when I try to login tho the website I get this message:

Bad Request

Connection to DB failed !!

I thought I was not going to be able to post a question here, but clicking on the forum's link in an email message got me here. However, I can't go to the DevCloud website where I click Get Started -> Launch Jupyter or get the instructions to open an ssh connection. I need to retrieve data from my server! Can someone please help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alcorta__Erika_Susan
New Contributor I

Hello,

My account had not expired, and I could not login through SSH either.

I waited a few hours to try again and jupyterlab was working normally. So, I guess it was a temporary issue.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

Make sure your devcloud account is not expired and check whether you are able to connect devcloud through other methods otherthan jupyterlab.

Try this and let us know the updates.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
Alcorta__Erika_Susan
New Contributor I

Hello,

My account had not expired, and I could not login through SSH either.

I waited a few hours to try again and jupyterlab was working normally. So, I guess it was a temporary issue.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos