Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1625 Discussions

Errors in DC to Edge course help needed

Kashyap__Sameer
Beginner

I've been facing a lot of problems in the DC to edge course with the dependencies, there seems to be a lot of errors in the vmmr_utils.py file , and also in importing dependencies such as PIL or Image , it's not running on my local machine either hence getting a lot of errors. I've been unable to complete any notebooks in the course because of this reason. I hope to get a resolution soon.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Athira_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.
Could you please let us know the OS you are working on. Also please share the complete error in detail.
It would be great if you could share the screenshot of the error that you are getting while running the jupyter notebook.

0 Kudos
Kashyap__Sameer
Beginner

I am working on  Windows, but I ran the notebooks on the DevCloud but for some reason, I no longer have the access to the cloud even though  I should have technically had access until November 19, 11:59 PM, the above-mentioned errors are the ones I got in the cloud , but I had difficulty running the notebooks on the local machine too even though I had all the dependencies installed, I got syntax errors from the other files in the project. below are some of the screenshots from the first notebook of the course. Untitlezdfd.pngintel.png

0 Kudos
Athira_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. Regarding the DevCloud access issue, please share your UserID , so that we can contact the concerned Devcloud admin team and get back to you.
  2. For the DC to Edge pygal import error, please refer the attached text file and follow the instructions as given in the DC to Edge Course.
  •  Please make sure to rename environment.txt to environment.yml
  • The new environment name is "tf_training_new"
  • After successful installation make sure to change kernel to "tf_training_new"   

3. Also in the downloaded DC to Edge course, the vmmr_utils.py line number 34 is as follows:

indicies = random.sample(range(len(file_list)), numOfImages * numOfImages)  

But in the screenshot you have shared there is a slight difference and the "TypeError" is because of that.

Please use the attached .yml file and try to execute the jupyter notebooks again with the correct vmmr_utils.py.

If you are still facing any issues, please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kashyap__Sameer
Beginner

User name: u31633

0 Kudos
Kashyap__Sameer
Beginner

Followed all the instructions and installed the environment but Error still persists in vmmr_utils.py

asdas.png

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Could you please check and let us know., whether ten folders with images are created in your "Most_Stolen_Cars" directory inside "Dataset" folder.

We tried it from our end and it is working fine . The output we got is attaching here.

0 Kudos
Kashyap__Sameer
Beginner

ten folders are getting created but not the images inside them, as you can see in the above attachment, that is the output I have got.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

The vmmr_utils.py file is not having any errors. Please make sure that you have "Dataset" folder inside the "DC to Edge Course" folder.The Dataset folder should have "SubsetVMMR" folder with 53 subfolders in it each of these subfolders have the corresponding images. 

We are able to recreate the error that you are getting after removing "SubsetVMMR" folder.

If you don't have the dataset, please download DC to Edge Course again and try executing the jupyter notebook.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kashyap__Sameer
Beginner

Thank you for the patience in answering my queries, I had made a simple mistake of not placing the proper directory path of the folders.

I will seek further help if required, but I still cannot access my DevCloud account. Hope I can get a solution to that too 

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

Regarding the DevCloud access issue, could you please share the following details

1. How you are accessing DevCloud(via jupyter notebook or ssh connection)
  2. Please share the screenshot of the error that you are getting while connecting to DevCloud.
  3. If you are accessing jupyter notebook , please try the following options:
  • delete from your web browser the cookies for devcloud.intel.com 
  • use a different browser

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Could you please confirm if the solution provided is helpful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kashyap__Sameer
Beginner

Yes, I'm sorry I couldn't get back sooner. But the solution worked and I'm running the notebooks on my local machine. Haven't encourntered anything so far. 

0 Kudos
Cook_Lift_Code
Beginner

Just to be clear all you have to do is add the following to to bottom of environment_win.yml:

- pip:
    - pygal==2.4.0

Then in your environment run:

conda env update --file environment_win.yml

0 Kudos