I've been facing a lot of problems in the DC to edge course with the dependencies, there seems to be a lot of errors in the vmmr_utils.py file , and also in importing dependencies such as PIL or Image , it's not running on my local machine either hence getting a lot of errors. I've been unable to complete any notebooks in the course because of this reason. I hope to get a resolution soon.
- General Support
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Could you please let us know the OS you are working on. Also please share the complete error in detail.
It would be great if you could share the screenshot of the error that you are getting while running the jupyter notebook.
I am working on Windows, but I ran the notebooks on the DevCloud but for some reason, I no longer have the access to the cloud even though I should have technically had access until November 19, 11:59 PM, the above-mentioned errors are the ones I got in the cloud , but I had difficulty running the notebooks on the local machine too even though I had all the dependencies installed, I got syntax errors from the other files in the project. below are some of the screenshots from the first notebook of the course.
- Regarding the DevCloud access issue, please share your UserID , so that we can contact the concerned Devcloud admin team and get back to you.
- For the DC to Edge pygal import error, please refer the attached text file and follow the instructions as given in the DC to Edge Course.
- Please make sure to rename environment.txt to environment.yml
- The new environment name is "tf_training_new"
- After successful installation make sure to change kernel to "tf_training_new"
3. Also in the downloaded DC to Edge course, the vmmr_utils.py line number 34 is as follows:
indicies = random.sample(range(len(file_list)), numOfImages * numOfImages)
But in the screenshot you have shared there is a slight difference and the "TypeError" is because of that.
Please use the attached .yml file and try to execute the jupyter notebooks again with the correct vmmr_utils.py.
If you are still facing any issues, please let us know.
The vmmr_utils.py file is not having any errors. Please make sure that you have "Dataset" folder inside the "DC to Edge Course" folder.The Dataset folder should have "SubsetVMMR" folder with 53 subfolders in it each of these subfolders have the corresponding images.
We are able to recreate the error that you are getting after removing "SubsetVMMR" folder.
If you don't have the dataset, please download DC to Edge Course again and try executing the jupyter notebook.
Thank you for the patience in answering my queries, I had made a simple mistake of not placing the proper directory path of the folders.
I will seek further help if required, but I still cannot access my DevCloud account. Hope I can get a solution to that too
Glad to hear that your issue got resolved.
Regarding the DevCloud access issue, could you please share the following details
- How you are accessing DevCloud(via jupyter notebook or ssh connection)
- Please share the screenshot of the error that you are getting while connecting to DevCloud.
- If you are accessing jupyter notebook , please try the following options:
- delete from your web browser the cookies for devcloud.intel.com
- use a different browser
Just to be clear all you have to do is add the following to to bottom of environment_win.yml:
- pip: - pygal==2.4.0
Then in your environment run:
conda env update --file environment_win.yml