Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud

FPGA Aria

amaltaha
New Contributor I

Why does simulating an openCL program on the FPGA take an hour every time? Where can I find a document related to running and simulating an openCL for acceleration on Aria 10 or stratix nodes?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @amaltaha,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.

Per my understanding usually emulation take longer time sine it emulating the FPGA hardware compared to compile and runiing in actualy FPGA. Emulation are also validating the code accuracy.

For the example/documentatinon mention please do find it on the below link which include both A10 or S10 nodes:

- https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/QuickStartGuides/OpenCL_Program_PAC_Quickstart

Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes

BB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @amaltaha,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.

Per my understanding usually emulation take longer time sine it emulating the FPGA hardware compared to compile and runiing in actualy FPGA. Emulation are also validating the code accuracy.

For the example/documentatinon mention please do find it on the below link which include both A10 or S10 nodes:

- https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/QuickStartGuides/OpenCL_Program_PAC_Quickstart

Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @amaltaha,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.

Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @amaltaha,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are overcome. Hence thread will no longer be monitored. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos