Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

GPU:No device of requested type available.

HYB
Beginner

When a queue is defined in a file and bound to a device, but only this device is the GPU selected by the gpu-selector, an error will occur, indicating that there are no available devices.

After I entered the following command, I fell into a waiting loop and did not run correctly.

qsub -I -l nodes=s001-n233:gpu:ppn=2 -d . build.sh
qsub -I -l nodes=s001-n233:gpu:ppn=2 -d . run.sh

A few months ago can run contains GPU_ The selector file can't run now. The errors are as follows:

Caught this SYCL exception: No device of requested type available.
Please check https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-oneapi-dpcpp-system-requirements.html -1 (CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND)

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel forums.

The nodes which you mentioned in above may or may not available always so it is better to access nodes in a generic way i.e. you can try below commands:

qsub -l nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2 -d . build.sh
qsub -l nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2 -d . run.sh

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. 

Thank you,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
GRN2
Employee

The workaround how to use interactive sessions.

1. Connect to login node using terminal.

2.  Prepare job sh (job.sh) script on your home directory on DevCloud with this content:

#!/bin/bash

sleep 3600

3. Submit the job "qsub -l nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2 job.sh"

4. type "qstat -an" in this terminal and get the your compute node (the last string from output, like "s011-nxxx")

5. Open new terminal on your host machine.

6. Type "ssh s011-nxxx.aidevcloud"

7. Now you got interactive session in the second terminal. Check your sample and target device must be available.

8. You can also create VSCode session using Remote-SSH.

0 Kudos
HYB
Beginner

Thank you very much for your reply. However, two tasks cannot be deleted, and the new job.sh cannot be executed.The second terminal connection failed.The error message is as follows:

kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed by UNKNOWN port 65535

0 Kudos
GRN2
Employee

Yes,

this workaround works only for one PBS job on DevCloud.

0 Kudos
HYB
Beginner

However, my terminal is currently occupied by tasks that cannot be deleted and cannot be used.Can you help me delete these tasks?Thanks

0 Kudos
GRN2
Employee

qdel all

and then check via qstat

0 Kudos
HYB
Beginner

This command cannot delete the task. The error message is as followsQQ截图20211009190837.png

0 Kudos
GRN2
Employee

Check via qstat. The jobs must be deleted.

0 Kudos
GRN2
Employee

Do not pay attention on qdel message.

qdel all works fine. 

0 Kudos
GRN2
Employee

Wow, Elap time is 50-80h.

You can try to connect to compute nodes via ssh (from login node) and check your processes

ssh s001-n169.aidevcloud

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. 

Thank you,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

I assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos