Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1692 Discussions

Having video loading issues with AI Edge Certification tutorial for "tutorial_object_detection"

Aji
Employee

Hello,

I am running into the same issue as this user Intel Learning "2b. Hands On Module - Industrial Worker Safety - Object Detection" Lab Issues - Intel Communities with videos not playing on the "tutorial_object_detection" as well as on the "Hands On Lab: Smart Cities Data Augmentation - Style Transfer" tutorial. 

I also noticed that there were 2 lines of code in the video tutorial that are different from the hands-on tutorial in regard to "tutorial_object_detection" lab exercise.  I have highlighted the differences in cell "6 Exercise #3: Running inference on video"

screenshots:

video tutorial:

Aji_1-1680136961169.png

actually hands-on tutorial 

Aji_2-1680137070026.png

Furthermore, when I changed the code to mimic the video tutorial, the video failed to load. I had to add code "embed=True" on the next cell below it, "Video(video_name, embed=True)" which pops a player widget but the video doesn't still play. 

Can someone help with this issue?

Thanks,

Aji 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Aji,

As we spoke, the Edge Certification page has a link that needs to be updated. While the content is updated, the tutorial works using the following link.

https://notebooks.edge.devcloud.intel.com/hub/login?next=/lab/tree/Reference-samples/iot-devcloud/openvino-dev-latest/certification-program/English/object_detection/tutorial_object_detection.ipynb?reset

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Aji,

Could you please share the path to the sample you are using? The easiest way is to copy the URL after Reference-Samples. For example: Reference-samples/iot-devcloud/openvino-dev-latest/certification-program/English/object_detection/tutorial_object_detection.ipynb.

Also, what Kernel are you selecting? I didn't have any issues playing the video using the Python3 (OpenVNIO 2022.2.0) kernel.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Aji
Employee

Jesus,

Under the section "Excercise #3" I copied the example of the URL given and my kernel was also Python3(OpenVNIO 2022.2.0). I have highlighted them both in the screenshot below. The video doesn't still show.

Furthermore, can you clarify where you placed the sample path example? For example, the tutorial directs us to just change the "input_path" with either URL or local path. However, I noticed your example is has a python notebook path with ".ipynb". Also, I'm using the tutorial in the devcloud edge directly. I did not download the tutorial in my computer. 

Aji_0-1680214898149.png

Thanks,

Aji 

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Aji,

As we spoke, the Edge Certification page has a link that needs to be updated. While the content is updated, the tutorial works using the following link.

https://notebooks.edge.devcloud.intel.com/hub/login?next=/lab/tree/Reference-samples/iot-devcloud/openvino-dev-latest/certification-program/English/object_detection/tutorial_object_detection.ipynb?reset

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos