Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1625 Discussions

How to re-activate my Intel DevCloud account?

YK21_Intel
Employee

I received an email regarding Intel® DevCloud Account Deactivation Notice.

"Your account for user ID xxx has been deactivated as we saw prohibited use of Intel DevCloud, such as cryptocurrency mining, data scraping, or tampering with Intel DevCloud services.  If you would like to use Intel DevCloud, please create a new account and restrict your use to education and computer science research only."

I tried to create a new account but it keeps redirecting me to the "Enrollment Form" page. How can I re-activate my account?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Forums. Could you please inform us the reason why your DevCloud account got deactivated? Also let us know the details of the Use-case that you were working on DevCloud.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
YK21_Intel
Employee

Hi Alekhya,

I have no idea why the account got deactivated.  

I was running the "pip install" in Jupyter notebook. It took longer time than usual to install the torch package and was not successfully downloaded. I restarted the kernel (if not mistaken) and ran the command again. Then, not long later, there was a "timeout" pop-up dialog showing. 

I would like to train the model on DevCloud. https://github.com/kekmodel/MPL-pytorch

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We're checking on this internally. We will get back to you soon with an update.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

In our efforts to thwart the progress of cryptocurrency miners and keep DevCloud compute resources free and available to our valued developers, we have had to take both automated and manual action against unauthorized activities by terminated accounts. Unfortunately, we are aware that, while infrequent, several valid accounts have been terminated inadvertently during this process. We are continually working to avoiding this and create new capabilities for account recovery. At this time, we do recommend all our users to back-up their data to avoid losing any work.

And we apologize to inform you that we cannot re-activate your DevCloud account so please register to open a new account with a new email address here : http://software.intel.com/devcloud/oneapi

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
Knoxort
Beginner

I believe a similar thing has happened to me. I was attempted to install some software from source, all of which is under the GNU public license. I then received an email saying my account was deactiveated. I don't see anything about this in the software license agreement for the devcloud, and it's annoying to know that my account could be deleted at any time, and my only recourse is to not only make a new account, but to do so with a new email.

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi Nyuk Kin Koo,

Is your issue resolved? Can we discontinue monitoring this thread?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos