Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1628 Discussions

I am unable to connect to the DevCloud through ssh in Ubuntu 18.04.

DAmad
Beginner

The error message says it is due to a invalid format error of the key. I have followed the steps in the instructions with no luck. I had to change the name of the key in the "config" file and the commands due to the key that I downloaded from the site didn't have the same name. The key had a format "devcloud-access-key-XXXXX" where XXXXX are 5 digits, in the instructions it is "devcloud-access-key-uXXXXX". I don't think that has anything to do but I am just saying it so it can be fix.

Below the error:

Load key "/home/dani/Descargas/devcloud-access-key-XXXXX": invalid format

XXXX@XXXXX.intel.com: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

4 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Please confirm that you had given the same key name for 'IdentityFile' and 'ProxyCommand' field in config file. It would be great if you could provide a screen shot of the config file you are using. 

Please ensure that you had provided the permission for key and config file using the below commands.

chmod 600 ~/[path_to_your_key]/devcloud-access-key-xxxxx

chmod 600 ~/.ssh/config

0 Kudos
szuckerm
Beginner

Hi,

I do have the same issue (this time with Ubuntu 20.10). I just ran the config script, and in my ~/.ssh I have a modified config file with the following:

################################################################################################
# oneAPI DevCloud SSH config
################################################################################################
Host devcloud
User <userID>
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-<userID>.txt
ProxyCommand ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-<userID>.txt guest@ssh.devcloud.intel.com

… with the <userID> replaced with the right ID of course.  Here is the output of the ssh command:

ssh devcloud
load pubkey "/home/<myusername>/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-<UserID>.txt": invalid format
load pubkey "/home/<myusername>/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-<UserID>.txt": invalid format
guest@ssh.devcloud.intel.com: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).
kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
Connection closed by UNKNOWN port 65535

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Could you please confirm if the issue is resolved.

Please be informed that the thread will get closed within 2 business days assuming that the solution provided was helpful.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Since we have not received a response, we are closing this thread with the assumption that the issue got resolved. Feel free to open a new thread if you face further issues. 

After case closure, you will receive a survey email. We appreciate it if you can complete this survey regarding the support you received.

0 Kudos