Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1638 Discussions

I connect to devcloud via ssh, but it can't access any network, like pinging github.com

プロファ
Beginner

I connect to devcloud via ssh, but it can't access any network, like pinging github.com

u155568.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We could reproduce your issue. Please try git clone command in the compute node. You could connect to a compute node with the below command:

qsub -I

Please go through the below documentation for more information related to Job submission on DevCloud.

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/job-submission/

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
プロファ
Beginner

Can I use wget to download resources on the login node? Actually I don't need compute nodes

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

You can use wget/git clone/etc. on compute nodes only. You cannot use them on login node. However, the downloaded files would be available in the cloud, so you can access them in login node and compute node as well.

AlekhyaV_Intel_0-1655713403266.png

From the above diagram, we could see that HTTPS cannot be accessed via login node. So we use compute node for downloading via wget, etc.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Has the solution provided helped? Could you please give us an update regarding this issue.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any further assistance, Please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos