Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1628 Discussions

I recv mail say Your account for user ID uXXXXX has been deactivated ,why?

stq
Beginner

I recv email say:

Your account for user ID uXXXXX has been deactivated as we saw prohibited use of Intel DevCloud, such as cryptocurrency mining, data scraping, or tampering with Intel DevCloud services. If you would like to use Intel DevCloud, please create a new account and restrict your use to education and computer science research only.

- Intel DevCloud for oneAPI Team

please check my account what i do for this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Account deactivation happens due to two reasons

1. When the Account has expired
  2. When we detect prohibited activity in Intel Devcloud.

Account expiry date can be found out from here:

devcloud.jpg

And the Account extension can be found below that.

Could you please share with us the last activity you did in Devcloud inorder to rule out the causes of this premature closing of the account. Also, the details of the application which was last running in the Devcloud.

Note: Please backup your data periodically so that data is not lost.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
stq
Beginner

i use qsub -I -l nodes=1:renderkit:ppn=2 -l walltime=24:00:00 create

and vnc the connect node ,open firefox open 1 url.just this .

after the email recv.please check what happen.

thank you!

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

In our efforts to thwart the progress of cryptocurrency miners and keep DevCloud compute resources free and available to our valued developers, we have had to take both automated and manual action against unauthorized activities by terminated accounts. Unfortunately, we are aware that, while infrequent, several valid accounts have been terminated inadvertently during this process.

We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused and we are continually working to avoiding this and create new capabilities for account recovery.

At this time, we do recommend all our users to back-up their data to avoid losing any work and please register to open a new account here : http://software.intel.com/devcloud/oneapi

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
stq
Beginner

i recv again.Your account for user ID uXXXXX has been deactivated as we saw prohibited use of Intel DevCloud.

i use qsub -I -l walltime=24:00:00 create node , connect node and run top.just do that.

please check what happen!!!

thank you!

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are checking this issue with the internal team. We will get back to you as soon as we get an update.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We are extremely sorry for the delay in response. We were investigating the reasons behind the deactivation of your Devcloud accounts. Could you please try creating the Devcloud account with an email id that is not temporary? Please try the same commands as before and see whether the account is getting deactivated.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard from you. Did you try creating the Devcloud account with an email id that is not temporary? Is the account getting deactivated after executing the same commands? If the issue is resolved, can we discontinue monitoring this thread?

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We apologize for any inconvenience. The account was not deleted for any particular wrongdoing. Unfortunately, in the past this and or other email domains have been used for malicious activities on the DevCloud. Until we can properly validate this email domain, we kindly ask that you create a new account using a more popular, not temporary, email domain. Again, we apologize, and we thank you for your understanding.

This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos