Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Install npm and ffmpeg

Tchouanga__Franck

please I wish to have FFmpeg and npm install in my cloud to continue my project please I wish to know how to obtain that

u38804@s001-n045:~/nd131-openvino-fundamentals-project-starter/webservice/server$ npm install

Command 'npm' not found, but can be installed with:

apt install npm
Please ask your administrator.

u38804@s001-n045:~/nd131-openvino-fundamentals-project-starter/webservice/server$ apt install npm
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)

please this is what happens when I try please help

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Franck,

You can install npm by using conda package manager. You can create a conda environment and install npm by using the below commands

conda create --name environmentname -y
conda activate environmentname
conda install -c conda-forge nodejs
npm --version

For ffmpeg, it is by default available in devcloud without any installations. You can verify ffmpeg availability with the below command

ffmpeg --version

Thanks 
Arun Jose

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hey Franck,

Have you tried out the steps provided. Could you please confirm if they resolve your issue.

Arun Jose

0 Kudos
Tchouanga__Franck

CommandNotFoundError: Your shell has not been properly configured to use 'conda activate'.
To initialize your shell, run

$ conda init <SHELL_NAME>

Currently supported shells are:
  - bash
  - fish
  - tcsh
  - xonsh
  - zsh
  - powershell

See 'conda init --help' for more information and options.

hello please I am getting the above after running conda activate environmentname

which one should I choose

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hey Franck,

Could you please source the oneAPI environment before executing the commands we have provided in the previous response. To source oneAPI environment please run the below command.

source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh  --force

If you are still observing the same error. Please run the below command and  close and re-open your current shell.

conda init bash

Hope this helps

Arun Jose

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hey Franck,

Hope you have tried out the steps provided.  We are awaiting an update from your side on whether your issue is resolved.

Arun Jose

0 Kudos
Tchouanga__Franck

yes I have tried it worked fine thanks again

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Thanks for the confirmation, We are closing this case, please feel free to raise a new case for further issues.

0 Kudos