cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Utku
Beginner

Installing sampling driver

Hi,

I am profiling my code with VTune on the devcloud. My profiling results shows that it is using driverless perf system-wide sampling. Insteaad, I would like VTune to use the hardware event-based sampling using the sampling driver that is usually installed in the system. Here:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/set-up-analysis-ta...

I have seen some instructions to install the driver, but I couldn't be sure if I should follow them. 

Is it possible to install and use the sampling driver on devcloud for Intel VTune analysis? If so,  should I simply follow the instructions on the link, or should I do something else?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Utku Sirin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Utku Sirin,

The installation and loading of sampling drivers would require root/sudo level permissions. As devcloud users are not allowed these permissions you wouldnt be able to build/load sampling drivers. We will check with admin team if its feasible to load the sampling drivers from their end . Will let you know as soon as we have an update.

Thanks

Arun Jose

ArunJ_Intel

Hi

We are checking on this internally, will soon get back to you when we have an update from devcloud admin team.

Thanks

Arun