Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1628 Discussions

Intel DevCloud getting error while using gpu_selector

siril
Novice

Hi,

I am trying out some sample dpcpp programs on the intel devcloud. While creating a queue am able to create for default_selector which gives the Intel Xeon Gold CPU as the target interface. And when using accelerator_selector, it gives Intel FPGA Emulation Device. But when trying to give gpu_selector, it fails to find a device (gets a sycl::_V1::runtime_error with PI_ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND). Is there a way to request for a devcloud node with a gpu ? I tried running the 'qsub -I' to get the cpu with 24 cores and the fpu devices but doesn't seem to work for the gpu. Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

Siril.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
Christoph9
New Contributor II
AayushiR_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting Intel communities.

By using qsub -I command you will enter in interactive node and this command generates random node numbers. You can try the below command.

qsub -I -l nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2 -d .

-I (upper case i) is used to request an interactive session.

-l (lower case L) nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2 is used to assign one full GPU node to the job.

-d is used to configure the current folder as the working directory for the task.

job.sh is the script that gets executed on the compute node.

Also refer the below links :

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/job-submission/

Thanks,

Aayushi

AayushiR_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Aayushi