Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Intel Devcloud for oneAPI not support simulation

MinhLe
Beginner

Hi, currently, I'm using Intel Devcloud for OneAPI to learn image processing with SYCL. I try to run a simple program with simulation. To be  precise, I use this command "icpx -fsycl -lOpenCL -fintelfpga sel.cpp -o sel -Xssimulation", and it gives me error for cannot using ModelSim like this:

```

aoc: Compiling for Simulator.
Error: Error accessing ModelSim. Please ensure you have a valid ModelSim installation on your path.
Check your ModelSim installation with "vsim -version"

llvm-foreach:
icpx: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

```

When I try to run vsim command on Intel Devcloud for oneAPI, it gives me error like this:

```

Error: cannot find "./../linux_rh60/vsim"

```

How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MinhLe
Beginner

Does anyone fix this issue? I still cannot simulate due to this Modelsim error.

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We apologize to inform you that ModelSim is unavailable in Intel oneAPI DevCloud.

So you can refer to this link to use modelsim : https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/Devcloud_Access_Instructions#devcloud-access...

You can use X2Go to launch modelsim.

Initially, get into FPGA queue with the below commands in devcloud and download ModelSim:

1. source /data/intel_fpga/devcloudLoginToolSetup.sh
  2. devcloud_login

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
MinhLe
Beginner

So when will Intel Devcloud for oneAPI support simulation using Modelsims? Just asking. 

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Intel oneAPI DevCloud is solely related to oneAPI software. It supports applications that use oneAPI-related products or components. ModelSIM is associated with FPGA, though. As a result, ModelSIM is not supported by oneAPI DevCloud at this time or in the future.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Has the solution provided helped? Can we discontinue monitoring this thread? Please give us an update.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you, So we will assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos