Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1637 Discussions

Intel devcloud oneapi chromedrive support

slayer666
Beginner

Hi,

I tried using chromedrive with Selinium in jupyter notebook (oneapi) with no success, after importing the libraries then starting the chrome drive am prompted with this error Message :

WebDriverException: Message: Service chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: 127

from what i have read online its a linux libraries issue and considering i do not have root access thus no ability to install them, i was wondering if any of your devcloud products offer support for chromedrive or is there a solution for it.

Thank you,

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

We apologize to let you know that testing with Selenium (a test tool) is not in the scope of oneAPI DevCloud.

This feature request is definitely out of the scope of oneAPI DevCloud (which is educational and used to showcase users' Intel's latest HW & SW).

You can download oneAPI on your laptop/server and install Selenium to do testing on it since users will have full root permission on their device.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issues. Thank you!

Regards,

Jaideep

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. Sorry for the inconvenience, Users don't have admin privileges in DevCloud.

We informed the concerned team about this and we will let you know if there is any update.

Thanks,

Jaideep

slayer666
Beginner
Thanks for your reply,
As i memtioned i am aware of the root limitations. My question in resume is : Can i use Selinium chromedrive in devcloud ?.
- From your reply i understand that you are not informed in the manner and reffered the topic to the devs for further investigation. Please do correct me if am wrong.
0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

We apologize to let you know that testing with Selenium (a test tool) is not in the scope of oneAPI DevCloud.

This feature request is definitely out of the scope of oneAPI DevCloud (which is educational and used to showcase users' Intel's latest HW & SW).

You can download oneAPI on your laptop/server and install Selenium to do testing on it since users will have full root permission on their device.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issues. Thank you!

Regards,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Have a great day ahead.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos