Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1642 Discussions

Is DevCloud free? If so, what's the catch?

segmentation_fault
New Contributor I

Can I develop executables for commercial purposes? Specifically I want to do HPC programming using mpi compilers and runtime. Can I spin up VM's with many CPUs to test my code as well?

If not, is buying the $3,000 standalone HPC/Cluster compiler the only option?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Commercial development of applications using oneAPI toolkits is encouraged. 

DevCloud is a HPC cluster. Does not allow VMs or long term deployment of applications. 

For your information, you don't have to buy tools if you don’t use DevCloud. All of the Intel oneAPI developer tools are available free of charge to download and use locally. There is also the option to pay for licenses that include Priority Support, but that is not required to use the tools for commercial purposes.

Hope this answers your query. If you need any clarification, let us know.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We are checking on it internally, will get back to you soon with an update.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Commercial development of applications using oneAPI toolkits is encouraged. 

DevCloud is a HPC cluster. Does not allow VMs or long term deployment of applications. 

For your information, you don't have to buy tools if you don’t use DevCloud. All of the Intel oneAPI developer tools are available free of charge to download and use locally. There is also the option to pay for licenses that include Priority Support, but that is not required to use the tools for commercial purposes.

Hope this answers your query. If you need any clarification, let us know.

Thanks.

AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos