Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Job submitted to devcloud not running

risan-raja
Novice

Job submitted to devcloud not running. When I submit with a job using qsub <script>.sh it gets submitted and exits without output or stderr

1 Solution
FelipeML
New Contributor I

Hi @JyothisV_Intel ,

I had the same problem.

I was trying to submit a Python code that only needs to use CPU and constantly the job finished without any output, while in interactive mode it worked perfectly. This was the script I was submitting with "qsub job.sh":

Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 14.09.44.png

Testing I found that it was not a job submission problem because I was able to submit the simple examples in the guide. I started testing with more complex examples until I tried again with my python code again and now it worked. This was the script:

Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 14.12.40.png

After this I was able to submit jobs without problems, as I was doing initially.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

From your query, we are not clear about the exact issue that you are facing. To assist you better, can you provide us with the following information:

1. Are you using Intel DevCloud for oneAPI or Intel DevCloud for Edge or Intel DevCloud for FPGA?
  2. Can you provide us with a sample reproducer code and the exact steps that you followed to submit the job using qsub?

Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
FelipeML
New Contributor I

Hi @JyothisV_Intel ,

I had the same problem.

I was trying to submit a Python code that only needs to use CPU and constantly the job finished without any output, while in interactive mode it worked perfectly. This was the script I was submitting with "qsub job.sh":

Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 14.09.44.png

Testing I found that it was not a job submission problem because I was able to submit the simple examples in the guide. I started testing with more complex examples until I tried again with my python code again and now it worked. This was the script:

Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 14.12.40.png

After this I was able to submit jobs without problems, as I was doing initially.

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi @risan-raja,

Good day to you.

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. @FelipeML Thanks for sharing the solution with the community.

Intel DevCloud for oneAPI users is not allowed to execute programs in login node. To run code, it is recommended to use interactive node as per the documentation provided below:

Job Submission | Intel® DevCloud

If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos