Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1738 Discussions

Missing OS packages needed for my build

caplanr
New Contributor I

Hi,

Could you please install "bison" and "flex" and "libtirpc-dev"  on devcloud?

I am trying to install HDF4 from source but it needs those packages to work.

Thanks!

- Ron

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DiyaN_Intel

Hi ,

Good day to you.

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

Intel DevCloud® is a shared environment which comes with pre-installed validated Intel® oneAPI software and complimentary packages. As a policy we do not install custom (open source or 3rd party licensed) software to the environment and recommend that you explore available and equivalent oneAPI SW tools or components. You may be able to install software locally in your user folder using < > “pip install –user”(dash dash user switch allows you to install local in your home directory)

If you would like to recommend a software package that might be useful to the developer community, please post to this Intel DevCloud forum for community feedback and product leadership consideration.”

If you face any issues please connect back to us. 

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards, 

Diya 

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

We have not heard back from you. Is your issue resolved with the above solution?

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issues. Thank you!

Regards,

Diya

0 Kudos
caplanr
New Contributor I

Hi,

I tried some local installs as suggested but it did not seem to work.

Luckily, I am able to use the classic IFORT to compile HDF5, and our code can make use of HDF5 instead of HDF4.

So for now I am OK,  but eventually I will revisit this to try to get HDF4 working (and HDF5 with IFX).

- Ron

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi, 

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards, 

Diya 

0 Kudos