Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud

Mongo DB connection

asif__maor
Beginner

Untill 31 to March connection to mongo atlas cloud was possible.

Now it is impossible with both Intel AI devcloud and oneAPI.

Im connecting to the cloud by the following way:

(pip install dnspython required before, but not import)

import pymongo

self.cluster = MongoClient( 'mongodb+srv://mongo atlas password')

self.main_db = self.cluster[db_name]

self.main_collection = self.main_db[collection_name]

The connection is not established properly and i cant do simple tasks such as:

experiment = self.main_collection.find_one(({"_id": INDEX_NUM}))

This worked just two weeks ago and working on other machines.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Asif,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We tried to connect the mongoDB Atlas cloud from Devcloud. But it throws ServerSelectionTimeoutError for us.

pymongo.errors.ServerSelectionTimeoutError: cluster0-shard-00-02-3nmyf.mongodb.net:27017: timed out,cluster0-shard-00-01-3nmyf.mongodb.net:27017: timed out,cluster0-shard-00-00-3nmyf.mongodb.net:27017: timed out

Could you please confirm whether you are getting the same error or not. If not, it would be better if you share the error log that you obtained and the complete steps followed by you.

0 Kudos
asif__maor
Beginner

Hi Chithra,

The error I get is:

pymongo.errors.ServerSelectionTimeoutError: cluster0-shard-00-00-o9uot.mongodb.net:27017: timed out,cluster0-shard-00-01-o9uot.mongodb.net:27017: timed out,cluster0-shard-00-02-o9uot.mongodb.net:27017: timed out

Which is exactly the error you are getting, This means you were able to reproduce my steps. This probably means that devcloud removed the ability to access this cloud. I worked with this cloud on the devcloud for six months now so I know this was possible.

Working with mongoDB is crucial for me, I would really appreciate if you would be able to solve it!

Thanks, Maor.

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Asif,

We had informed the concerned team regarding this issue and will get back to you soon.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Asif,

We are forwarding this case to Devcloud admin team and will get back to you soon.

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Asif,

The concerned team is working on this internally to open the port for Mongo DB and will give you the updates soon.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
asif__maor
Beginner

Hello Chithra,

Thanks for the extensive effortand all the work you put into it!!!.

Can you estimate when this problem will be solved?

Thanks in advanced, Maor.

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Asif,

At this moment we can't provide any estimated time for the port opening. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Asif,

Due to security reasons we will not be able to open port for MongoDB. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We would discontinue monitoring this thread. Please feel free to raise a new thread if you have any further issues.

Thanks.

0 Kudos