Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1625 Discussions

Nodes with Iris Xe MAX GPU report driver error

rafatcampos
Beginner

Hi all,

When attempting to run any of my DPC++ GPU applications on some DevCloud nodes with the Iris Xe MAX GPU the applications always fail with the following error:

Abort was called at 456 line in file:
/opt/src/opencl/shared/source/os_interface/linux/drm_neo.cpp
Aborted
I have noticed this error in nodes s011-n003, s011-n005, s011-n006, and s012-n004. The same applications with the same configuration run well in nodes with Gen9 GPU. Am I doing some mistake or is it an issue with the machine?
Thanks in advance for the help!

Best regards,
Rafael

Labels (1)
2 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forum.

We are looking into this. We will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We have decided to retire the Intel® Iris® Xe Max Graphics from the Intel® DevCloud for oneAPI effective Friday 07/29/2022 EOD. This affects compute nodes s011-n[001->008] and s012-n[001->005] which today are labeled iris_xe_max. You will no longer be able to access these compute nodes after 07/29/2022.

We’re working on adding new Intel® Graphics in the future, as they become available on the market. We will make an appropriate announcement when the time comes.

We have decided to close this issue as at this moment there is no visibility when it will be implemented and available for use. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos