Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1638 Discussions

Only one GPU available on 'dual_gpu' and 'quad_gpu'

jorgehn
Beginner

When trying to access multiple GPUs through OpenMP offloading it seems that only one GPU is ever available. Both 'dual_gpu' and 'quad_gpu' nodes exhibit this behaviour. The same is also the case for the 'sycl-ls' command which also only sees one GPU. Using 'lspci | grep VGA' I can see that multiple devices are attached.

When I run on the DevCloud I always get this error: '/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/prologue.d//100-resetpcie.prologue: line 6: echo: write error: No such device' which could be related.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are in the process of relabeling all GPU systems in Devcloud correctly.

Regards,

Gopika

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are in the process of relabeling all GPU systems in Devcloud correctly.

Regards,

Gopika

0 Kudos
jorgehn
Beginner

Thank you for the update Gopika. Do you happen to know when this is expected to finish?

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We are extremely sorry for the delay in response. We are checking this with the internal team. We will get back to you as soon as we get an update.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We are extremely sorry for the delay.

Currently the dual/quad GPU machines are not available in Devcloud. Devcloud team has the plans to add it back in the future. At this moment there is no visibility when it will be implemented and available for use. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let me know if we can go ahead and close this case?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Could you please give us an update? Can we close this case?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks.

0 Kudos