Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Opencl file is taking too long to compile with channels

shubham10
Beginner

Hi,

I am compiling an Opencl file containing two kernels. For one value, kernel1 is the producer, and kernel2 is the consumer and for another value, kernel2 is the producer, and kernel1 is the consumer.

I tried to implement these producer-consumer relationships using channels (to avoid using global memory for inter kernel communication). 

When I tried to compile the opencl file using " devcloud_login -b S10PAC walltime=48:00:00 job.sh " (job.sh is containg the compilation command: " aoc  -global-ring <file_name>.cl <file_name>.aocx -board=pac_s10_dc "), compilation process was not able to finish within 48 hrs with blocking channels and compilation process had abruptly stopped after 20-25 sec with non-blocking channels.

I have attached the screenshots of compilation warnings and errors in the form of the following two files:

warnings.png: containing the warnings generated during compilations (blocking and non-blocking channels both) 

errors.png: errors generated during compilation (with non-blocking channels)

I wonder why the compilation process is exceeding the allotted time for blocking channels, and on the other hand, it is generating errors after 20-30 seconds.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.

My guess on the problem based on the explanation you might have hit into some restriction when implementing channels whereby multiple read/write from the same channels which might be causing the blockage.

Would recommend start with the code sample on how to implement channels multiple/serial work item for channels:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683846/22-1/implementing-the-channels-extension.html#dropdown-1-4-3

Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @shubham10,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.

Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @shubham10,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are overcome. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos