Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1644 Discussions

Permission denied (publickey)

KylePark
Employee

I'm trying to use an oneAPI devcloud instance per the guide: https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/connect-with-ssh-linux-macos/. But when I tried to access devcloud, than I got an error: Permission denied (publickey).

Can you please see what I need to access devcloud without error?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi @KylePark ,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. Please follow the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps to check your account and remediate:

1. Sign into DevCloud : https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/
  2. Login/launch Jupyter – Launch Jupyter
  3. Note down account number as shown below in the Welcome.ipynb notebookMicrosoftTeams-image (8).png
  4. Next, login with ssh – if error does not show up your account is good.
  5. if permission denied(public key) error message shows up during login with ssh then:
    1. Check your .ssh/config : cat .ssh/config
    2. Does your account number in your ssh/config match with the one showed in in Jupyter(Example : 25550)
    3. Make sure correct account number is reflected in the config file. If not, edit your .ssh/config to correct the account number in .ssh/config to be same as the one with what you see in Jupyter
    4. Login with ssh again

If at any point during the above steps you notice files missing please contact your support team with your original account number and the correct account number – they will work with the engineering team to help assist copy your files over.

We apologize for this inconvenience cause by the public key error issue

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as solution. This will help others with similar issue. Thank you.

Regards,

Alekhya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. 

Are you a new DevCloud user or an old DevCloud user? If you're an old DevCloud user, please follow the below steps to update your key as DevCloud has migrated to a new SSH server. 

You can try the below steps to re-connect to devcloud again.

1) Download the new key from this link: https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/connect-with-ssh-linux-macos/

2) Move/Copy this file to ~/.ssh folder & rename it to "devcloud-access-key-xxxxx.txt"

3) Give permissions to the file/folder as below:

chmod 600 ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-xxxxx.txt
chmod 600 ~/.ssh/config 

(Ignore this step if you're connecting through Mobaxterm. This step is required only for Cygwin.

If the issue still persists even after trying the above steps, please provide us your DevCloud user-id (u123456) so that we can debug your issue further.

If this resolves your issue, please accept this as a solution as it might help others with the similar issue. Thanks in advance. Please let us know if this issue still persists.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
KylePark
Employee

Hi Alekhya,

I'm a new user registered yesterday and this issue is still persisting though tried to use my access-key downloaded again.

My user-id is u162258 and it seems that public key @ devcloud is not working.

Thanks,

Kyle

0 Kudos
NNB
Novice

I am also a new DevCloud user, registered today, and I am having the same issue after following the steps given in the documentation/reply above.

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi @KylePark ,

Thank you for sharing your user-ID with us. We will contact with the DevCloud Admin team and get back you with an update.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi @NNB ,

Please post a new question in the Forum ,along with your DevCloud User-ID, so that we can handle your issue separately.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi @KylePark ,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. Please follow the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps to check your account and remediate:

1. Sign into DevCloud : https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/
  2. Login/launch Jupyter – Launch Jupyter
  3. Note down account number as shown below in the Welcome.ipynb notebookMicrosoftTeams-image (8).png
  4. Next, login with ssh – if error does not show up your account is good.
  5. if permission denied(public key) error message shows up during login with ssh then:
    1. Check your .ssh/config : cat .ssh/config
    2. Does your account number in your ssh/config match with the one showed in in Jupyter(Example : 25550)
    3. Make sure correct account number is reflected in the config file. If not, edit your .ssh/config to correct the account number in .ssh/config to be same as the one with what you see in Jupyter
    4. Login with ssh again

If at any point during the above steps you notice files missing please contact your support team with your original account number and the correct account number – they will work with the engineering team to help assist copy your files over.

We apologize for this inconvenience cause by the public key error issue

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as solution. This will help others with similar issue. Thank you.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
KylePark
Employee

Hi @AlekhyaV_Intel ,

It's not possible by using the downloaded key and I got a help from support team for another key that I can access with ssh.

So, we can mark this issue as resolved.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Kyle

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Thank you for accepting our solution. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos