Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1627 Discussions

Private SSH key is empty

John_H_Intel
Employee

Hello, when I click the "SSH key for Linux/macOS/Cygwin" button from this page, an empty file is created: https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/get_started/hpcToolkitSamples/
This happens in both Edge and Chrome, regular and incognito windows.

When I click the "SSH key for Linux/macOS/Cygwin" button from this page, it works and a private key is generated: https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/connect-with-ssh-windows-cygwin/

It would be helpful to have the first page working as it's linked from the Getting Started documentation. I had to search the forums for the second link based on this post: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/Unable-to-connect-to-DevCloud-using-ssh-via-Cygwin-for-Windows/m-p/1249973

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArunJ_Intel

Hi John,

The issue with key being empty has been fixed in the oneAPI samples page. Could you please confirm if we could discontinue monitoring this case as the issue is now resolved.

Thanks

Arun

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Thanks John for reporting the issue. We have reported this to devcloud admin team. Will update you here once the issue is fixed.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Yes, this started a couple weeks ago when I started to working on "Base Toolkit Samples" Get Started tab and stuck in step #1 "Connect to DevCloud". Different from John's case, I selected "Linux/MacOS" path.

I started from "Option 1" to generate key automatically and it didn't work, then I realized the key link in "Option 2" is generated empty file.

Please make sure both Option #1 and Option #2 works, although I believe they should be fixed at the same time.

Mark

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Yes Mark both of theses should be fixed. Meanwhile could you please use the steps in below link to connect to devcloud as a workaround for now, so your work does not get affected. Will update here once the issue, with key in toolkit samples is resolved

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/connect-with-ssh-linux-macos/

Mark_L_Intel1

Thanks so much for the quick response,

Yes, this link can generate a non-empty key but I still got failed to SSH the DevCloud from MacOS. The configuration run successful:

$ bash ~/Downloads/setup-devcloud-access-xxxxx.txt 
The /Users/xxxxx/.ssh directory for SSH client configuration already exists.
Appending SSH connection configuration to /Users/xxxxx/.ssh/config
Creating the private SSH key /Users/xxxxx/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-xxxxx.txt
Important: this file is your access key, keep it safe like you would a password.
Done! Now you can access Intel DevCloud by running ssh devcloud or, if you are behind a proxy, ssh devcloud.proxy

But I got access error:

$ ssh devcloud.proxy
nc: getaddrinfo: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
$ ssh devcloud
ssh: connect to host devcloud.intel.com port 22: Operation timed out

Anything I missed?

Mark

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Mark,

Could you raise your new query as a separate thread to avoid confusion as the original thread discusses a different issue. We would be able to monitor both issues easily if these are two threads exist.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi John,

The issue with key being empty has been fixed in the oneAPI samples page. Could you please confirm if we could discontinue monitoring this case as the issue is now resolved.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Thanks Arun,

I confirmed the empty key issue is solved in MacOS.

Mark

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Thanks John for the confirmation we wouldn't be monitoring this thread further please raise a new thread in case of further issues.

0 Kudos