Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Problem in using Jupyter notebook on DevCloud

Goswami__Ashish
Beginner

Hi, I have started the Intel Data center to edge course, I connected my devcloud account with jupyter notebook also but when I uploaded the course notebook to jupyter , it showed no matching kernel found and running it with any other kernel gives error!

Please Help!!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Lakshmi_U_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. When you download the Intel Data center to edge course, we will get Dataset and Notebooks. In the Notebooks folder, "Installation Instructions.docx"  file is there which gives the detailed step of how to set up conda environment and install the packages from environment.yml file.It also mentions about how to install ipykernel to work in the jupyter notebook.

Could you please let us know whether you have successfully created the conda environment as per the "Installation Instructions.docx" and please share the screenshot of the error that you are getting when trying to set kernel in the jupyter notebook.

0 Kudos
Lakshmi_U_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you please provide an update on the details requested?

Please be informed that if there is no response within 2 business days, we will assume that your support request is resolved.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Goswami__Ashish
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your response and little bit of stackoverflow I was able to install all requried packages  but I am still facing some issues while installing opencv, other than that everything seems to be working fine!!

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Lakshmi_U_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you please let us know which OS you are working on?

It would be great if you could share the screenshot of the error that you are getting while trying to install packages so that we can provide better assistance.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Goswami__Ashish
Beginner

I am currently using Windows 10

Here are the screenshots of the errors that I am getting :

0 Kudos
Lakshmi_U_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you please try using the attached txt file. Please save it as "environment.yml" before installation.

Your new environment name will be "tf_training_dc2edge". Please let us know if you face any further issues.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lakshmi_U_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Did you get a chance to tryout using the shared environment.yml file?

If there is no response within 2 business days, we will assume that your support request is resolved. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Lakshmi_U_Intel
Employee

Hi, 

We are closing this thread. Please feel free to contact us in case of further issues.

Thanks.

0 Kudos