Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1642 Discussions

Problem with GLIBCXX_3.4.29

ghnunes
Beginner

Hello how are you ?

Out of nowhere my Python codes started giving me this error: ImportError: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /opt/intel/oneapi/intelpython/ latest/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sklearn/metrics/_pairwise_distances_reduction.cpython-39-x86_64-linux-gnu.so)

I've tried updating TensorFlow thinking that might be it, but it's not.

I did some research on the internet and found this: https://github.com/lhelontra/tensorflow-on-arm/issues/13

But, as I don't have permission to run these sudo commands, I couldn't test it, could you help me?

Thanks.

I saw that the friend had a similar problem in this post, but I didn't understand what he did, maybe he can help you: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/ImportError-version-GLIBC-2-29- not-found/m-p/1428088#M6514

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

As the new oneAPI release has been deployed i.e. 2023.0, the runtime of oneAPI 2023.0 is not backwards compatible with binaries built with previous oneAPI releases. Could you please try to repeat the steps from scratch for rebuilding/installing, etc. that is required for your project?

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This helps others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Alekhya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

As the new oneAPI release has been deployed i.e. 2023.0, the runtime of oneAPI 2023.0 is not backwards compatible with binaries built with previous oneAPI releases. Could you please try to repeat the steps from scratch for rebuilding/installing, etc. that is required for your project?

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This helps others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
ghnunes
Beginner
Hi, thank you very much, it worked.
I updated all my Python libraries and it fixed the problem.
0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for accepting our solution. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos