1637 Discussions

Problem with qsub

ghnunes
Beginner

Hi, my qsub isn't returning the exec_host, I'm running these commands:

ssh devcloud
qsub JobFile.txt (has a sleep)
qstat -xf xxxx.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud

the return doesn't have the exec_host, it started from nothing and it's been persisting for more than a day.

When you have run qsub -I it gives this error:

qsub: submission error (maximum number of jobs already queued for MSG user = total number of jobs for current user exceeds queue limit: user xxxx@login-2.aidevcloud, queue batch)

Can you help me ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RaviranjanK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

If the job is in queue status, exec_host will be not shown. 

It will only shown if the job is in the running state.

You can see the exec_host by using following command.

qstat -xf xxxx.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud | grep exec

Please note that the job should be in running state. 

We are attaching the screenshot(image.png),showing result of the above mentioned command for job with both running and queue status.

Hope this helps, if you have any further issue please let us know.

with regards

Raviranjan

0 Kudos
ghnunes
Beginner

Hi @RaviranjanK_Intel , thanks for your help.

Sorry, I do not understand. I ran this command you sent me, but it didn't return anything (qstat -xf xxxx.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud | grep exec)

I'm still not getting my exec_host, and I'm running the commands suggested to me here (https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/Problem-with-disconnect/m-p/1313056#M2882)

ssh devcloud
qsub JobFile.txt
qstat -xf xxxx.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud

It does not return the exec_host to me, and before it returns, following the same commands. It stopped working out of nowhere.

0 Kudos
ghnunes
Beginner

I got access, just to see if I understood.

I ran the qstat command and got a job that was already prepared. Before I wasn't getting it because I was getting one that was still in the queue?

0 Kudos
RaviranjanK_Intel

Hi,

"I ran the qstat command and got a job that was already prepared." could you please elaborate more on this?

Are you able to get the exec_host now or still having the same issue in getting exec_host?

"Before I wasn't getting it because I was getting one that was still in the queue?" yes you are right. You won't be able to see the exec_host if the job is in queue state. The job needs to be in running state.

If you are still facing the issue in getting the exec_host, please share the screenshots of qstat command.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RaviranjanK_Intel

Hi,

we have not heard back from you. could you please give us an update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RaviranjanK_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ghnunes
Beginner

Hi @RaviranjanK_Intel , sorry, forgot to answer, everything worked out, thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos