Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1626 Discussions

Question about Intel Dev cloud job submitting

Gao__Chao
Beginner

We are trying to implement some Matrix Multiplication across heterogeneous platform in Dev Cloud, however, our job can't be executed in the jupyter Lab, I attached our screen snipe below.

Gao__Chao_0-1601590740715.png

0 Kudos
13 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

As your issue is related to devcloud, we are moving your thread to dedicated Devcloud forum support for the faster response.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We tried from our side and we didn't notice such issues.Can you elaborate more about your issue like steps followed and type of sample used?

0 Kudos
Gao__Chao
Beginner

Hi, 

I submit two demo to intel dev cloud written in DPC++,

one Matrix Multiplication on GPU;

one Matrix Vector Multiplication on FPGA emulator;

I couldn't get the report for FPGA.

Could you plz check this for me?

Gao__Chao_0-1602104308137.png

0 Kudos
Gao__Chao
Beginner

Hi,

I still wonder why that all my gpu demo will be finished quickly and the vtune will response very qucikly, however,  when it comes to FPGA emulator, it would be very slow and I never see the vtune outcome. Is because FPGA needs more  time or something wrong with the devcloud? 

Gao__Chao_0-1602110242336.png

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

We suggest you to try fpga oneapi samples from devcloud using oneapi-cli command also run each commands individually in devcloud.

Try this and let us know the updates.

0 Kudos
Gao__Chao
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the replying, sir.

Sorry, I am not quite sure what oneapi-cli means here, I did try to run the command from PUTTY, also the code have some issue here, could you please take a look at that?

Gao__Chao_0-1602175572560.png

Gao__Chao_2-1602176393923.png

Thanks

Chao

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Screenshot shows that you are in gpu node,running fpga sample in gpu node will throw "FPGA device is not found" error.Hence get into fpga node with qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:ppn=2 -d. command and run the sample.Also try to run each commands individually.Try this and let us know the updates.

0 Kudos
Gao__Chao
Beginner

Hi,

sorry about the confusion sir, I finally figure out how FPGA works in intel dev-cloud, I guess you are using FPGA emulator to simulate the performance of FPGA,

However, I do have another question, did you support the computation for GPU and FPGA interaction?

For example, I run a Matrix Matrix Multiplication in GPU and use the result and multiple with another Vector in FPGA, is this able to be finished within one file?

Thanks

Chao

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

You can launch two kernels with different device selector, after launching 1st kernel (gpu_selector) add queue.wait() for synchronization and then launch 2nd kernel with intel::fpga_selector. So this is also possible in same single file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Is your issue resolved?Do you have any updates?

0 Kudos
Gao__Chao
Beginner
Not test, sir
I haven’t figured out what compile instructions I should use, you see that compile instructions are related to your devices usage isn’t it?
Thanks
0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We suggest you to post FPGA related queries in FPGA forum(https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-High-Level-Design/bd-p/high-level-design) for a faster response.Also we would like to know about your initial devcloud job submission query.Is it resolved?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We are assuming that the solution provided helped and would no longer be monitoring this issue.Please raise a new thread if you have any further issues.

Thanks

0 Kudos