Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Re: Re:Re: Tridiagonal linear system: Intel Advisor and Intel vtune amplifier on the devcloud

Oluwatosin
New Contributor I

Hello Athiram_Intel,

I have two new issues, when I try to request for a compute node with qsub -I, although I am given a compute node, I get this error, how do I solve this, I have tried to free up some space, but it still same

>> /usr/local/sbin/torque_submitfilter: line 67: echo: write error: No space left on device
tr: write error: No space left on device

Also, on the devcloud, I am trying to improve the vectorization of my code with compiler autovectorization options; I am compiling an openmp code with the following flags:  -icpx -fopenmp -parallel-source-info=2 -O3 -xHost -qopt-report; advisor says I should consider using an intel compiler of version 15.0 or higher to compile with the latest ISA instructions. I have also used instruction specific flags -xsse3 -xcommon-avx512 -xskylake-avx512. Any other specific instructions I can add ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

In DevCloud "No space left on device" error is resolved now. Could you please check from your end and let us know?

Regarding your second query, you have already included all the necessary flags to auto vectorize your code.

You can refer the below documentation for more details:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/cpp-compiler-developer-guide-and-reference/top/optimization-and-programming-guide/vectorization/automatic-vectorization.html

Regarding the message "advisor says I should consider using an intel compiler of version 15.0 or higher to compile with the latest ISA instructions" , we are not getting this warning. 

Could you please share the sample reproducer and the complete steps you used to try the same from our end?

Also let us know whether you are using the advisor available in DevCloud or installed by yourself and share the advisor version?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please give us an update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks.

0 Kudos