Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1637 Discussions

Request Tcl devel library due to tcl.h missing

Kokot__Seweryn
Beginner

I would like to build opens source software (OpenSees) which needs tcl devel libraries (specifically I get that tcl.h is not found). Any chances to have them installed on the Intel oneApi platform? Thank you!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi 

Will you please share the link to the application you are using?

Or confirm that you are using this same source https://github.com/OpenSees/OpenSees, so that we can further look into it.

-Abhishek

0 Kudos
Kokot__Seweryn
Beginner

Thank you for your response!

Yes I confirm that I'm using OpenSees from  https://github.com/OpenSees/OpenSees

To compile and build the OpenSees binary among others "tcl.h" is required and I found that debian/ubuntu "tcl8.6-dev" package contains it. Is it possible to install this package on oneAPI platform?

Stay safe and healthy!

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Thanks Seweryn,

We will try this out with OneAPI and will get to know.

Stay Healthy Stay Safe!

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Seweryn,

I have gone through the installation of this application and there is a requirement of tcl.h file, but the good thing is that you need not have to install this externally, it is already present in your workspace.

If you have installed OneAPI base kit then no need to install tcl8.6.*, you will find it in /opt/intel/inteloneapi/intelpython/python3.7/pkgs/tcl-8.6.9-24/include/ or /opt/intel/inteloneapi/intelpython/python3.7/include/ directories, so you just have to give its path into your Makefile.def file and it will work.

Please let us know if it solved your problem.

Thank you

-Abhishek

0 Kudos
Kokot__Seweryn
Beginner

Hi Abhishek,

I forgot to tell you that I'm using OneAPI DevCloud user account and don't have OneAPI base kit installed on my laptop. Therefore 'tcl.h' ("tcl8.6-dev" package) is needed externally on DevCloud for building OpenSees framework.

Kind Regards,

Seweryn

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Seweryn,

We tried on Intel DevCloud also and the tcl.h is already installed on DevCloud. You can find the path of this header where the OneAPI toolkit is installed.

You can find that header at below location:

/opt/.intel/inteloneapi/intelpython/python3.7/pkgs/tcl-8.6.9-24/include/   &   /opt/.intel/inteloneapi/intelpython/python3.7/include/

You just have to include it in your Makefile.def and then you are good to go.

Warm Regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos
Kokot__Seweryn
Beginner

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you so much!

The compilation and building process is successful now!

Kind regards,

Seweryn

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Seweryn,

Good to know that your issue resolved.

Should we close this thread?

You are always welcome to post a new thread if you have any problems.

-Abhishek

0 Kudos
Kokot__Seweryn
Beginner

Yes, we can close this thread.

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Thank you Seweryn,

We are closing this thread.

Stay Healthy Stay Safe!

0 Kudos