Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud

Slow speed

ffa
Novice

I am trying to download a dataset and it is showing 50+ minutes to download a 11gb dataset. I am using jupyter notebook in oneapi. The speed is less than 4Megabytes/s. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Sorry to say this, but currently we can't increase interwork speed inside DevCloud, so could you please try to download your files with a good network into your local machine and upload them using scp or rsync?

examples:

scp -r SOURCE/ DESTINATION/
rsync -r SOURCE/ DESTINATION/

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Jaideep

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

We are looking into this internally, One possible workaround is to download that dataset onto your local machine (if you have good network speed). With help of scp command try to upload the file into the devcloud.

example:

Open cygwin/mobax and run the below command:

scp -r <Path to the dataset> devcloud:<Path inside devcloud>

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
ffa
Novice

Hi Jaideep,

hope you’re doing well today! Unfortunately my network speed is less than that in DevCloud, so I cannot use my local machine. 

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Sorry to say this, but currently we can't increase interwork speed inside DevCloud, so could you please try to download your files with a good network into your local machine and upload them using scp or rsync?

examples:

scp -r SOURCE/ DESTINATION/
rsync -r SOURCE/ DESTINATION/

Regards,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Regards,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Jaideep

0 Kudos