Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1638 Discussions

Spawn failed: Timeout

Neelabh
Beginner

Hi, I can't launch JupyterHub web interface. I am getting an error. Please find attached herewith the screenshot for the same.

can i use crygwin bash command terminal to launch Jupyterhub notebook using ssh key ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please let us know whether you're using Intel DevCloud or Intel DevCloud for Edge?

1) Regarding the error you got while launching Jupyter Hub:

We'll check this issue with the admin team and get back to you.

Meanwhile, we suggest you to try clearing all the cookies and cache and restart your kernel. You could also try to open Jupyter hub in a different browser and see if it works.

2) Regarding how to use Cygwin to launch Jupyter Hub through ssh, It is possible with Tunneling. Please follow the below steps: 

In the first terminal execute the following commands

ssh devcloud  //(To connect to devcloud)
qsub -I  //(to request compute node)
copy the compute node  //(it would be of this format sXXX-nXXX)
jupyter notebook --no-browser --port=<desired_port_number>  //(to launch Jupyter)
Copy any one of the URLs
“Or copy and paste one of these URLs:
http://localhost: <desired_port_number>/?token=2deea502bd258ed648f59eb11383bff4fd0edf5a4ce4f4f3or 
http://127.0.0.1: <desired_port_number>/?token=2deea502bd258ed648f59eb11383bff4fd0edf5a4ce4f4f3”

Run the below commands in another terminal: (Keep the first terminal open)

ssh -L <desired_port_number>:localhost:<desired_port_number> devcloud 
ssh -L <desired_port_number>:localhost:<desired_port_number> <compute node you copied> 

After following the above steps, you will be able to open Jupyter Hub by copying & pasting any one of URLs in your browser. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We tried to resolve your issue from our end. Could you please check whether you're able to access Jupyter Notebook? Please let us know the same.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Could you please give us an update regarding this issue?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread is no longer monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos