Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1625 Discussions

The user names I see in jupyterhub and connect with cygwin are different.

Luoxue
Beginner

Hello, the user names I see in jupyterhub and connect with cygwin are different. The user name I see in jupyterhub is u85553, and the user name I see in connect with cygwin is u5555. Can you help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ChrisB_Intel

Luoxue,

I think you might be connecting into 2 different DevClouds. We have several different DevClouds up and running and it is very easy to confuse them,.  

I believe the 2 your are mixing up are:

Devcloud.intel.com/Edge

Devcloud.intel.com/Oneapi

We don't currently support connecting via Cygwin on Devcloud.intel.com/Edge, only on Devcloud.intel.com/Oneapi. Which is likely why you are seeing two different things via the two interfaces. Additionally, the username starting with U8 is an Edge username, I believe the U5, is a OneAPI username.  

Hope that helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Thanks

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisB_Intel

Luoxue,

I think you might be connecting into 2 different DevClouds. We have several different DevClouds up and running and it is very easy to confuse them,.  

I believe the 2 your are mixing up are:

Devcloud.intel.com/Edge

Devcloud.intel.com/Oneapi

We don't currently support connecting via Cygwin on Devcloud.intel.com/Edge, only on Devcloud.intel.com/Oneapi. Which is likely why you are seeing two different things via the two interfaces. Additionally, the username starting with U8 is an Edge username, I believe the U5, is a OneAPI username.  

Hope that helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos