Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1626 Discussions

Too many authentication failures

nkmani
Beginner

Hi,

New user here. Created an account on DevCloud and followed the instructions for access using ssh/vscode. Both fail with the same message:

Received disconnect from 12.229.61.118 port 22:2: Too many authentication failures
Disconnected from 12.229.61.118 port 22
kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

User id: uxxxxx

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

-mani

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue got resolved and thank you for sharing the solution.

Can we discontinue monitoring this thread ?

Raeesa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi Mani,

Thank you for posting in Intel DevCloud Forum.

We hope that you have done all the configuration steps given in the following link to connect to DevCloud :

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/connect/connect-with-vscode/

To setup SSH config , detailed steps are given in the following documentation :

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/connect/connect-with-ssh-linux-macos/

Please make sure that the correct path and name of the key is provided in the config file. If the name of key is "devcloud-access-key-xxxxx.txt" and it is in the "~/.ssh/" folder,

the config file contains:

IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-xxxxx.txt

ProxyCommand ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-xxxxx.txt guest@devcloud.intel.com  

Manually verify whether the key file is present in the ~/.ssh folder and set correct permissions as below:

chmod 600 ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-xxxxx.txt

chmod 600 ~/.ssh/config 

Also, if you are under a proxy connection , add the required lines in config file as given in the document.

If issue persists, download the correct key once again using chrome browser and try with the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Raeesa

0 Kudos
nkmani
Beginner

Thanks. The problem was not the process that I followed to setup the devcloud key. It was that I had too many keys on my system. Adding these lines at the top of ~/.ssh/config solves the problem:

Host *
   IdentitiesOnly yes

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue got resolved and thank you for sharing the solution.

Can we discontinue monitoring this thread ?

Raeesa

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the confirmation. We are discontinuing monitoring this thread. Please raise a new thread in case of any issues. We would be happy to help you .

Regards,

Raeesa

0 Kudos