Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Unable to computer vision in jupyter lab

Wen_Jie
Beginner

Good days everyone

I was doing my project related to computer vision to detect the car plate. Hence I start by calling out the image and displaying it. I am just using a simple function: cv2.imshow("Image",img). However, it turns out in the kernel died.

How can this be resolved?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Wen_Jie,

Thanks for reaching out, using cv2.imshow on Intel Developer Cloud for the Edge will not work as you are submitting jobs to the Edge nodes and not on the node running the Jupyter Notebook. Please take a look at the sample applications, we provide samples to submit a video for inference and save the results in a .webm file that can be viewed using the videoHTML function as follows:

videoHTML('Intel CPU + Intel NCS2', 

['results/ncs2/output_{}.webm'.format(id_ncs2)], 'results/ncs2/stats_{}.txt'.format(id_ncs2))

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/devcloud/edge/build/sample-apps.html

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please let us know which DevCloud (DevCloud for oneAPI/ DevCloud for edge) you are using?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Wen_Jie
Beginner

Hi

I was using  DevCloud for edge.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Wen_Jie
Beginner

Hi all

I also have a doubt that: Can DevCloud for edge perform a real-time video stream using a webcam in jupyter lab by calling function  cv2.VideoCapture(0) ? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Wen_Jie,

Thanks for reaching out, using cv2.imshow on Intel Developer Cloud for the Edge will not work as you are submitting jobs to the Edge nodes and not on the node running the Jupyter Notebook. Please take a look at the sample applications, we provide samples to submit a video for inference and save the results in a .webm file that can be viewed using the videoHTML function as follows:

videoHTML('Intel CPU + Intel NCS2', 

['results/ncs2/output_{}.webm'.format(id_ncs2)], 'results/ncs2/stats_{}.txt'.format(id_ncs2))

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/devcloud/edge/build/sample-apps.html

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Wen_Jie
Beginner

Hi JesusU_Intel

Yes, it helps me to solve my problem.

Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Perfect! If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.