Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1645 Discussions

Unable to connect to DevCloud over SSH on Linux following server configuration change

atuft
Novice

Hello,

After the update to the server configuration posted here I am unable to connect to DevCloud over SSH via my terminal on Linux:

$ ssh devcloud
The authenticity of host 'ssh.devcloud.intel.com (12.229.61.118)' can't be established.
ED25519 key fingerprint is SHA256:/Dlip01tdMyRmhMDc870Z4Uk7AancwwoTnbb0EZajK0.
This key is not known by any other names
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'ssh.devcloud.intel.com' (ED25519) to the list of known hosts.
guest@ssh.devcloud.intel.com: Permission denied (publickey).
kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
Connection closed by UNKNOWN port 65535

After following the steps in the announcement linked above I received this error when connecting to DevCloud. I have also followed the instructions here for setting up SSH access, clearing all DevCloud config from ~/.ssh and re-downloading the setup-devcloud-access-XXXXXX.txt file to set up the connection afresh, but I'm still getting the "permission denied" error.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
atuft
Novice

I'm not sure what has changed behind the scenes, but my DevCloud access has suddenly started working again. I haven't made any changes since my original post.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. As DevCloud has migrated to new SSH server, some of devcloud users are still facing this issue. We are currently looking into it. We will get back to you with an update soon. We will connect with you through private email/message to get your DevCloud user ID.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
venovako
Novice

Hi,

I am in the same situation as above.

Connection closed by UNKNOWN port 65535

Please contact me if you require further details.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
mspro
Novice

Hi,

I am in the same situation, but with a different error message:

can you help me out ? 

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
giulio2
Beginner

Hi, I have the same problem mentioned by @mspro 

0 Kudos
DanDaMan
New Contributor I

You might try again now. I had this issue this morning, even after downloading the new access key, but it seems to be fixed now.

If you are still having this issue, be sure you download the new access key (see  https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/Cannot-connect-to-devcloud-through-SSH-since-June-24th/m-p/1395061/highlight/true#M5084 )

venovako
Novice

@DanDaMan : Thanks for your suggestion!

Now it asks me to accept yet another key:

% ssh devcloud
The authenticity of host 'devcloud (<no hostip for proxy command>)' can't be established.
ED25519 key fingerprint is SHA256:lS/2XMIIjUjLdbBOVwX+d0HoUE7o/Vp+YH+vIyxO2XQ.
This key is not known by any other names
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'devcloud' (ED25519) to the list of known hosts.

but I can login afterwards.

0 Kudos
DanDaMan
New Contributor I

I saw the same thing. I think one fingerprint is for the ssh proxy server, and the second is for the real ssh server. You should only have to deal with it once after you answer yes.

0 Kudos
venovako
Novice

True, it does not show up on subsequent logins.

0 Kudos
atuft
Novice

I'm not sure what has changed behind the scenes, but my DevCloud access has suddenly started working again. I haven't made any changes since my original post.

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi @mspro @giulio2 ,

If you're still facing the same issue, please post a new question so that we can handle your issue separately.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi @atuft ,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos